Saturday, August 4, 2007

new for today, 8/something

the evening is not
lonely. it's just I'm day and
you're night - still apart.

we walked up and down
the stairs together, living
in the same tall space.

I saw a thousand
mayflies, but lost them trying
to count silver wings.

every time a boat
swam by I worried the waves
would swamp my city.

I live here, and so
does everyone else. We try
all day to forget.

I did not wave back
because my arms were full of
rain. I am sorry.

almost never get
scared; we're cradling the end.
it's more important.

love all -

ds

5 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Honest to God, I don't understand why you're not in a book yet.

Anonymous said...

Loved it.

ds said...

well, to repeat myself and give more and more excuses... I plan on trying to refocus my whole artistic side after we buy this house. then I might try and get it together enough and start feeling out some contests and books and whatever. will see. it's on my list. I did just order a music recorder to use for my studio. so might try and meld the 2 - music and poems. will see what happens and doesn't. thanks and later.

ds

Alijah Fitt said...

Love this, especially: I did not wave back
because my arms were full of
rain. I am sorry.


Reiterating Third Worstess question.

Extra Gravy said...

I agree with Stacy - that same exact line made an impression on me as well.