Friday, November 9, 2007

About me because I can't talk about her.

I had six days in one day and am trying to compress it down. I think it'll probably boil down into 2-3 more poems. wanted to make it one long one, but it's late and the day's not over yet. there's some good stuff, but I don't want to blow it. I've probably already fucking wrecked it. welcome rick.


All day my
shoulders seemed much thinner. I
cast less shadow. I
disappeared in
shady places.
I got drunk as I could off
$30 in a fake Mexican
restaurant. I took the
four lane to the two lane and
pissed in 2 cornfields and at
the edge
of one cemetery. Passed
the last grain trucks of
the season. Found my way
to Winamac through highways and
towns I don't know (still pretty
drunk). Not to say that
I'm proud. Just trying to
keep up with the
terrible everywhere.
I think I was still on the
clock. Drove past
a wholesaler I bought
impatiens off ten
years ago. To find what
in Winamac waiting
for me?
Last week a boy
took an overdose
in my friend's house. They
talk like I was
supposed to save
the kid.
He's still not buried.

Daylight savings. It's dark
here at six. I
don't understand what
we're saving the light for.

2 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Not so sure we can save anyone. Or anything, for that matter.

Extra Gravy said...

I'm looking forward to the next installments. I really liked that one.