Thursday, November 6, 2008

narration into person

Come into the world without
knives and no way to strike
the dark when it

steps over you
day ends.
The geese are quiet all night.

You grow
up with your shoes on.

Going to job and job and job
sharing words that
nobody wants to do this.
Just without saying 'nobody
wants to do this.'

Home every night in time to be
drunk hiding under the
floorboards.
Vulnerable shhhh.

Wake up and have nothing.
Wake up and have
the microphones.

The engineer is waving his hands and he says the
levels are set and he will count you in and
tape is rolling and the light is on
and now go now, read
autobiography


Everything started with dark and no violence. The night
stepped over me. Daylight. My name.
I worked to afford not work.
Now I slip back to the last seat on
the mountain and can see everyone before
me and crowding the valley.
Crops grow around the children and dogs.
But I cannot turn.
But I cannot see the peaks.
The wind is behind my ears.
No way to turn around and see
where I'm going.

No comments: