Tuesday, July 10, 2007

squiggly dashboard revisited

yes I understand what I've come to understand is
that words and not words don't mix. computer's not
made of words. internet not made of words.
programs not made of words:

computers always square, poems always round.

ever the two shall quarrel in between.
and then you and I and them end up
in between (which is where we were born).
my poems on my inside (I am round) dislike my
squares on the outside. inside I am a great
poet. much better than this. outside I am
social worker. group homes. silver car. no
house. living with parents at my age. wasn't invited to my
10 year high school reunion. see all the squares?
inside I am great poet. you too. we're so round inside.

I make dreams in my head when I have a house I will
buy this internet and write well and put it here.
this comes soon I hope. everyone is tired of this.
I have no center now. off the spindle. I make more
promises: dearest everybody that doesn't read this place,
I will make good poems in my house, and put them here.

see - now I've put the world into both its boxes.
and don't understand what either is.

ds

3 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Poems like this make me wish I hadn't forgotten how to write.

Well done, man.

ds said...

thanks -

in regard to your comment on stacy's - write feelings. not words. and no one ever forgets anything.

ds

Alijah Fitt said...

preachin to the round choir, Amen. Why am I such a great poet on the inside and not on the square? Why