Wednesday, September 26, 2007

me and me

Details of the Wonder

Something sharp moved in the trees, and I
Knew the easiness was gone from the
Morning. It was time for the end of the quiet.
I leveled off the bore; made adjustments for wind and distance.
The hooves made
Small sounds.

There was a giant sound.

I do not care for the details
Of the thing. We were fed for
Several days. Square meals.
Then we moved down to the river, for
A week of quiet fishing, without liquor, or women,
Or any of the other small worries.

dsds

4 comments:

Alijah Fitt said...

I don't want to know the details either. Without women? Like James Brown used to sing, "it wouldn't be nothin without a woman"

ds said...

not meant to be offensive, just a reflection of self at the time.

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I'm more intrigued by the "without liquor" part.

What sort of mythical place is this?

ds said...

not telling

ds