Thursday, April 3, 2008

the plaything

i feel like an extra
in my own play

i think i'm watiting for godot
whoever he is--

eating leftover chickenbones
& flipping coins

i blank stare my way through
each act-- hoping i won't miss
my cue

i invariably do, though
its the stage lights--
they blind me, throw me
off-- i hate when i
forget my lines-- i said
that once, on stage, in clown
makeup-- everyone thought
it genius-- i
didn't break character

i try & hide in the shadows of
the stage

avoiding the spotlight
avoiding the audence's eye
avoiding the play-- really

scrounging through my leather bag
looking for my script--
dogeared & underlined

DWC 2008

5 comments:

ds said...

dude - when did they start passing out scripts? I missed it. Damn. I bet I have to go back to the end of the line again.

loofrin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alijah Fitt said...

you speak my thoughts and feelings so eloquently

ds said...

of course, just when I come to check up on things and post a follow-up, you delete your post. thanks anyway. I agree in any event.

loofrin said...

sorry, bout that.