Friday, May 23, 2008

This Poem Has No Merit At All

I just started smelling donuts.
I was at my desk, working
and donut smell wafts through my cube.
Intense sugar and maple,
I can even catch a note of chocolate glazed.
Its hard enough being a corporate surf,
laboring away in a poorly air conditioned cube
but having to smell donuts all day
is too much.

I know its a slow method of suicide
supported by both church and state,
but some of us are trying to sustain
life, not slowly strangle it.

Its ten forty five for Christ's sake
stopping dropping off pallets of donuts
next to the air intake in the break room.
People are trying to survive their
god damned lives in here
and you are making it
just that much more difficult.

I hate you.

P.S. Same goes for the popcorn terrorists that strike at two to three in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Alijah Fitt said...

Sounds to me like you've got a right to say. . .

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

We have a special APS (Anti-Popcorn Squad) where I work; they go up and down the aisles DEMANDING to know who popped popcorn, their shouts and accusations more or less loud depending on the severity of the smell.

And if you actually burn a bag?

God help you.