Friday, January 4, 2008

more about the job and

Seriously, you're Medicaid and you can't answer my
questions about your policies and
have never heard of what I'm
talking about
even though it's what you
told me to do last
time we spoke? Can I
speak to your superv -
no, he's busy. Can you transfer me to
another department? No - you're all
equally trained experts on all
aspects of Medicaid. Do
you know things? I was on
hold 38 minutes for this? Well, can
you just make a note that
he's in the hospital and will
not be coming out in a good way?

But the weather has started to
break and
I walked smoking through the
park in the afternoon on
three inches of snow. The sun
was a white spot on the other side
of cloud cover
past the hills behind
Highland Park. I imagine this
place in the summer, full of
people and sound. I am not so
used to writing in
questions.

3 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

So sorry things are getting rough at your new job — which, for whatever reason, I didn't even realize you had until these last few poems.

Which seem to be the mark of non-fiction... unless I'm mistaken.

ds said...

aaaaaa. it aint so bad. I started here in june. surely everybody remembers my now famous poem written on my last day at my old job while I was trying to find nothing to do. I think it was the 21st.

surely everybody remembers that.

XOXO said...

the cycle of BS never ends when it comes to the service of helping others.