Wednesday, December 5, 2007

responding to the girl from the galaxy

I would say and you
would know that
away's the place to
go. fasten the
fastens on your coat. just think -
all the other places
you could sip warm water
and blow your breath across the surface.
we
blow across the surface.
we
are snow that
doesn't stick
to other snow.
the
most plentiful kind.


but without sticking,
never know.

then another season
with its weather. all
the growing things will
come back.
the giant things will
show their greens

while we
wait in
another hemisphere.

now we have forgotten them; then
they us. but
this place is so small
we can do nothing but follow,

and trail.

3 comments:

zisixi said...

I don't get it, but I like it.

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Man, I dig this. And so much more than my original.

Extra Gravy said...

I liked them both. They fit together well.