Saturday, December 1, 2007

the truth from

hey
I haven't said anything
lately because
I got a dog and
his name
is Rummy.
Things
were rough
a little now it's
better. Not
because the
dog, just
because it's better.

And I
tried to rearrange my
life. You do
that every so
often or
you don't.
The computer is out of the cold
room and somewhere
accessible. So I will
reappear more here.
And maybe where you are when I
have time.

There was ice outside today and the light from the
lights spread and cracked. The
bricks were slick.

I never wrote more
poems about my trip to
see the girl we burned.
It's
still tied up in my
head.

I am very afraid that
Rummy will be the
best dog I have ever
had. Two previous dogs
saved my life. Once literally
and the other actually.
I am afraid to think
it, but it may be true.

2 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

It's sad, and pathetic, but I guess in a couple ways my cat has saved me, too.

I'm going to go vomit.

Not because of this poem -- which I like -- but because being pathetic always makes me a bit urpy.

zisixi said...

I like this poem.