Monday, May 28, 2007

It's an oldie... I don't write much anymore, sorry...

Any input is welcome... I'm trying to get back into being creative and my brain has become quite rusty indeed.
----
Stranger

He smelled of cigarettes
And laundry detergent
And of memories…

Watching the sun set
From the loading dock,
Painting pictures with words.

Late nights spend holding Coffee,
Watching a blue screen
Through a drugged haze.

Early morning risings
Chilled with dew,
Walking through puddles.

He smelled of meetings,
Friendships, and blurry-eyed
Good-byes of another time.

And he was just some stranger
Who happened to smell
Like memories…

2 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

You know, they say the strongest memories are ones that have scents associated with them.

Like old men smoking cigars in K-Mart when it was still legal (whenever I smell a cigar or pipe, I remember running wild through that store, hiding in-between racks of clothes), or people who wear the same cologne or wash their hair with the same shampoo as someone we once knew.

In an instant you're transported.

Alijah Fitt said...

Yes, the smell of memories. This morning I followed a roadside tractor/mower at 5 miles an hour for a long time. I could have passed it and I was late already but the smell of honeysuckle, freshly cut. . .