Friday, May 11, 2007

two old poems

the infinite
(after reading “mescaline” by ginsberG)

i will wait
& watch &
contemplate
think lofty
thoughts &
be a revolutionary
(like giovannI)
i’ll put some
mardI graS beads
in chrisT’s hands
& put a few around
his neck i’ll take a kinG
cakE & put it at his
feet that will be my sacrifice
(that is my offering of penitence)

i’ll stand in front
of a mirror shirtless &
obscene i’ll observe
myself see my stomach
(pink with birthmark) move
as i breathe i’ll see my unshaven face
& my blue/grey eyes my nose
(it fits my face) chin
(genetically dimpled)

these things i’ll see & contemplate
for good or indifferent
i’ll take them i suppose
because from what i understand
a beggar is loathe if he is a chooser

eight haiku


writing to clean me
poetry: bitch of bitches
mind vacant & pure

thoughts of happiness
ideas gone to a bad end
mind-prison: lock-down

mental graffiti
rumors of greatness abound
mind's eye: blank canvas

ideals: destructed
thoughts stricken from the record
poet! take your stand

silence deafening
prisoner to poetry
not wanting freedom

written word unleashed
literature uncorked free
expression: still born

from my hand words flow
writing equals free thinking
poetic soul scream

out! free! not silenced
forget your fear be alive
be now satisfied

DWC 1999

3 comments:

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I seem to recall reading the first before; perhaps even the second.

I need to dig up some of my old religious-imagery poems to post here. Oh, will this unpacking never end?

Alijah Fitt said...

I really love your haikus, all of them.

loofrin said...

Thanks. I do appreciate that.